Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Don't get update  (Read 6158 times)

portwally

Don't get update
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:38:58 AM »
Hi,

I bought from Teachgaming but there is no update available.

What can I do?

thanks
Walter

tkulogo

Re: Don't get update
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 06:23:25 AM »
They seem a little slow to update it for anyone that's not a Steam Zombie. I wish just once we'd get the update 1st.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
Sorry, we just contacted TeacherGaming to make sure Update 20.5 is uploaded as soon as possible.

They seem a little slow to update it for anyone that's not a Steam Zombie. I wish just once we'd get the update 1st.
If you're curious, here's a lengthy explanation of how all of this works: When we're ready to release an update, we put it on Steam as a private version and check to make sure everything works as intended. If it looks good, we then make this the official release that Steam automatically downloads. At the same time, our tools automatically create the TeacherGaming version and share it with them. Then TeacherGaming takes this version and puts it on their store for customers.

Most of this is automated, but someone at TeacherGaming still needs to put it on their store and update customers. So this part is limited by normal business hours. The delay this time around is our fault because we did not confirm with TeacherGaming to check that they had seen and uploaded the new version. (We'll add a check for this in the future to minimize this.)

In the past, we've had a couple occasions where our tools for automatically creating the TeacherGaming version have failed on our end, and it took us a bit to figure out how to get everything working again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and delay. There are simply more steps involved when getting it on TeacherGaming, which means more room for error and delay, and we are admittedly still finding the best process.  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:35:45 AM by Jar »

portwally

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
Thanks!

portwally

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:58:05 AM »
It really takes long. There is still no update.

tkulogo

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:24:19 AM »
So this part is limited by normal business hours.

Another week, another new version on Steam, but still nothing on Teacher Gaming.

portwally

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 07:40:22 AM »
It arrived!

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:56 AM »
Yep! They were able to upload the latest version, 20.6.1, earlier today. Thanks for your patience.