Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Water on terrestrial planets freezes when temperature is above 0 degrees Celsius  (Read 7406 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
There is a very annoying and serious technical glitch/bug that causes water on terrestrial planets to freeze when the surface temperature is above 0 degrees Celsius.

The YouTuber called "Neptunian Guy" is very frustrated and angry about this technical glitch.

Please release a bug fix for this "water freezing" problem in Update 21. This is one of the most occurring glitches that causes great annoying when creating "custom terrestrial planets that contains water". Please fix this glitch once it for all.

Thank you.

Frozen planet bug.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:51:54 AM by Cesare »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
The surface temperature of my custom planet is 20 degrees Celsius, and the water is still frozen. Please fix this bug in Update 21.

Plasmic Physics

Are you aware that if the temperature is changed, it takes time for the surface of the planet to respond accordingly, and that a greater the change in temperature requires a greater response time?

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Yes, I am aware of the amount of time that it usually takes for water to melt on terrestrial planets. Most of the time, when the temperature is above 0 degrees Celsius, it does not melt at all, even if the temperature is above 100 degrees Celsius.

That is a very common bug. It is mostly complained by Neptunian Guy.

jfri

I experienced a similar problem. I placed earth at 1 AU from Alpha Centauri then in the simulation earth temperature raised to over 80 C. But still during the poles were covered whit ice sheets during winters.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Yes, that a bug too. Please report this bug as well when climate mode shows ice caps when planets are super hot.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
You're welcome. I will report any bugs I find, plus request additional features that I need. No problem, I will do my very best to make sure that Universe Sandbox 2 keeps getting better and better all the time. I will help the developers improve Universe Sandbox 2 by giving them ideas on new features and fixing glitches.

Universe Sandbox 2 is the world's best universe simulator. Please install it on your computer and use it. Test out features yourself and report any bugs you find. I shall always be on your side to make sure that everything is reported whenever possible, and I will also be there to respond to your questions and answers whenever possible.