Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Earth's Future  (Read 5219 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Earth's Future
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:49:05 PM »
In addition to the Earth's past, it would also be amazing to see how the Earth's continents would look like in millions of years from now. For example, if all the continents of Earth merge together to create a super continent named Pangea Ultima. Universe Sandbox 2 must simulate the future continents of Earth.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
Re: Earth's Future
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:37 PM »
Continental drifts are an extremely slow process and takes hundreds upon thousands of year just to move a few hundred kilometers, and millions of years for an observer from space to see something different.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:33:39 AM »
Continental drifts are an extremely slow process and takes hundreds upon thousands of year just to move a few hundred kilometers, and millions of years for an observer from space to see something different.

Thank you, I'm not crazy.

Plus continental drift would be very computationally expensive.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49:52 AM »
I would like to see continental drift in Universe Sandbox 2.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Also to speculate the future of Earth, I would like the developers to add a futuristic Earth where some landmasses are flooded by water due to global warming. Global warming is a huge issue today so I would suggest for the developers on adding a global warming Earth featuring flooded land masses.