Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why dont planets have climate becasue I gave one climate  (Read 7076 times)

Nomad14

Why dont planets have climate becasue I gave one climate
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
Hello, I was able to give a planet climate a while back by moving code around and the post still exists. Why don't they give planets it, also here is a file, put it into Documents\Universe Sandbox ²\Bodies

Terra was a planet as a test. I was able to give it cities from using files and then I thought climate. There is Literally a whole chunk of code directly for earth. I gave this to my planet terra and it has CLIMATE  8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:13:25 PM by Nomad14 »

Nomad14

Re: Why dont planets have climate becasue I gave one climate
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
Save earth and go to the save. Then turn the ubox to 7zip. copy the script in the picture on earth. on the planet you want climate, and drop it on the end. MAKE SURE the brackets (  {}  ) are closed or it wont work.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 04:06:09 PM »
I can convert .ubox to .zip easily, but how can I convert it back into .ubox so it can be opened in-game once I've finished editing the code?

Nomad14

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 07:56:24 PM »
rename the zip part to ubox, if it doesnt work, can I see the file?

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 09:51:55 PM »
I managed to get it working just now, but thanks anyway. I'll test it and report back if anything is awry.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »
Climate is only suitable for Earth and Mars at this current stage. Hopefully, I would like to be able to add climate to custom made terrestrial planets just to simulate the global climate throughout the year.

In addition to climate, Universe Sandbox 2 is missing the ability to have seasons for terrestrial planets and gas giants. Seasons is a feature that Universe Sandbox 2 highly requires.

rodalitnev

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
Hi. I've followed the instructions you gave but I can't get it to work, could you tell me what's happening?

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
What does not work? Terrestrial planets and gas giants must have climate and seasons to be simulated in future updates. I hope that Update 21 will make this possible.

rodalitnev

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »
The climate feature. But I guess you're right, maybe in Update 21.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
Yes. Update 21 will be a big update.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »
Yes, I know that it would be so amazing to have climate mode and seasons for all custom made planets including terrestrial planets in our Solar System.

An equator line that can be enabled and disabled for terrestrial planets, gas giants and stars would be very ideal. I have already asked for such a feature because I always want to know where exactly is the equator line on my planets and stars.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:57 PM »
Yes, I know that it would be so amazing to have climate mode and seasons for all custom made planets including terrestrial planets in our Solar System.

An equator line that can be enabled and disabled for terrestrial planets, gas giants and stars would be very ideal. I have already asked for such a feature because I always want to know where exactly is the equator line on my planets and stars.

Click the edit button (the one by the add that has a hand over it), select the planet you want to have your equator line for, click the circle-arrows and the green circle around the planet is pretty much exactly the equator, as it is the direction the planet rotates. You can also change the axis tilt with the same process and by clicking and dragging on the circle of your choice.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »
I have done that before but that is not really the equator. That green line is just an axis guide. An equator line would be a white line that can be turned on or off just like the clouds and climate mode. An equator line would be very accurate and would show up exactly between the two hemispheres.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:53:13 AM »
that IS the equator, that's literally what the equator is, both what separates the hemispheres and the middle point between the poles...it's the axis guide that shows the direction of rotation and isn't skewed to either side (trust me, my sims would be all kinds of messed up if this wasn't the case) so it literally is the equator .-.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 03:02:40 PM »
The climate of planets should be much more than changing its temperature and causing the ice caps to expand or retreat. When planet grids soon come along with Update 21, it shall open a door to new climate dimensions, making it possible to simulate temperature variations and much more.