Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Create Objects Smaller than Millimeters in Size Radius  (Read 4755 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Create Objects Smaller than Millimeters in Size Radius
« on: January 18, 2018, 03:47:49 PM »
I have always been thinking that the microscopic world in universe Sandbox 2 is missing. It would be very interesting to be able to simulate the microscopic world in Universe Sandbox 2 by having more measurements that are smaller than millimeters. In the objects panel, Universe Sandbox 2 needs to have microscopic objects such as atoms, neutrons, quarks and other sub-atomic particles.

Sub-atomic measurements and particles are needed for the ability to simulate these objects. Micron nanometer, picometer, femtometer, attometer, zeptometer and yoctometer.

Take a good look at the table on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yocto-

Physics_Hacker

Re: Create Objects Smaller than Millimeters in Size Radius
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »
Good job finding a computer that wouldn't melt when you try to place a planet. Possibly explode. And collapse into a black hole. And destroy the real life Earth. Good job.

And this is a physics software based in NEWTONIAN gravity. They haven't even added Relativity and likely never will, or at least won't until PCs could handle it and I fear quantum mechanics would be even harder.

Plus there's the issue of accuracy. They'll probably have trouble making millimeter sized objects not jump around semirandomly when you get too close, quantum articles like that would have horrendously horrible accuracy in where they appear. Add that to the fact that the quantum world would pretty much have to require a complete rewrite of the software and you've got yourself a pretty long wait for anything of the sort to happen. Sorry. Maybe when we can let quantum mechanics do the quantum mechanics it might work.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »
I hope that Universe Sandbox 2 will be able to handle quantum mechanics in the near future. If Universe Sandbox 2 can simulate the very big stuff, then it should be able to simulate the very small stuff as well.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:57:24 PM »
That logic might work down to about the size of cells, but smaller than that, that logic no longer applies. It's easily possible to write a college thesis paper on why that is but highly summarized its that quantum mechanics is just too random and odd plus the fact that if you're trying to simulate big things too, accuracy errors will render your attempts fruitless. This already happens in US2 for much larger objects, and though it might be possible to rewire some things to allow better simulation of small objects, I feel if we're still going to simulate planet's, stars, star systems and even galaxies, simulating quantum mechanics is unfortunately just not feasible.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:26:36 AM »
I guess that Universe Sandbox 2 needs to be rewritten to properly simulate quantum mechanic objects the size of atom and objects that are larger than the observable universe. This would only be possible if the accuracy of simulations are to be improved.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:30:15 AM »
You're putting too much expectation into this game, Cesare. This game is not going to be the next Millenium Run simulator

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »
I am not putting too much expectation at all. All I am asking for, is for the ability to simulate microscopic particles such as atoms. I believe that simulating atoms shall become possible sometime in the future. Just wait and see.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »
Simulating individual particles requires huge amounts of processing power, you would need one of NASA's supercomputer to simulate it. Even if personal supercomputer is going to be the norm in the next 5-10 years, it would probably cost thousands of dollars and will definitely skyrocket your electricity bill, all just to simulate measly atoms in your garage.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
I don't think that atoms would be a problem to simulate in Universe Sandbox 2 because they are so small.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »
I don't think that atoms would be a problem to simulate in Universe Sandbox 2 because they are so small.

...What. How does that logic even work

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
That logic can work. The developers will manage to find a way to make that work.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 02:27:08 AM »