Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: World Population: do you believe?  (Read 3594 times)

SuperNova

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
World Population: do you believe?
« on: July 16, 2010, 06:52:54 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_reduction_theory

Well, i don't know what to say about it.

Do you believe?

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: World Population: do you believe?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:57:42 AM »
Of course not. I think the world has a good population right now.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:35:06 AM »
It's nonsense. The global warming is the result of our useage of fossil fuels along with other things we do, to claim it's planned is absurd.
The AIDS virus appeared because another virus mutated and was able to infect humans and spread among them, we didn't even have the technology to create a virus when AIDS appeared.
The swine flu breakout would be the most absurd example ever, because it was obviously some different flu viruses reassorting (= mixing their genes while infecting the same host). And it didn't even kill many people.

In fact, things like global warming cause the population to increase in the short term. If there wasn't global warming, it would be easier for the poor people to gather ressources and food, and they wouldn't need to have so many children to help their parents. In the long term, global warming reduces the total population capacity of our planet however, since it makes less land useable for farming. So using global warming as a tool against overpopulation is the most stupid thing that could ever be done. The article is nonsense, I'm very sad to see it on Wikipedia. :(

Laura

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:32:13 AM »
It is indeed complete nonsense. I'm surprised the author didn't throw in liberal sprinklings of "Illuminati" and "Elite". All the wikipedia flags in the article should act to reduce the trust level in the unwary reader, even if reading a matter-of-fact mention of the "New World Order" does not.