Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Customize The Colors of Atmospheres and Water  (Read 3693 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Customize The Colors of Atmospheres and Water
« on: January 17, 2018, 11:29:13 PM »
In addition to color customization for gas giants and stars, there is something else missing in Universe Sandbox 2 when it comes to atmospheres and water. That is the ability to customize the colors of atmospheres and water on terrestrial planets. Just think to your self how amazingly cool it would be to change the color of Mars's atmosphere and add red water.

The following images are taken from Google:

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
Re: Customize The Colors of Atmospheres and Water
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:44:07 PM »
I'd go a bit further than just recoloring them. I'd say to allow seas and atmospheres to be made of entirely different chemicals.

For example: a planet with an atmosphere full of chlorine would appear green.
Another: a cold planet where water is frozen solid could have seas of liquid methane or ammonia.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
Good idea though. Having methane oceans like on Saturn's moon Titan would be very ideal for super cold planets and moons. By having water made from other liquids is just a brilliant idea if you want to have flowing liquid oceans on frozen planets.

A chlorine atmosphere would also be a good composition for a green atmosphere, but that's not enough. It is better to have a feature that lets you customize the colors of atmospheres and water just like you customize the colors of a planets surface. That would be amazing. For other types of liquids, other liquids are needed too.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
Please take a good look at the four images I have uploaded onto this post above. They represent atmospheres and water of different color.

I would really like to be able to further customize terrestrial planets by customizing their atmospheres and water to make them more appealing in simulations.

When standing on the surface of a planet with a customized atmosphere, it would be good to see the sky with a different color. The same thing for water.