Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Four Goals for 2018  (Read 3954 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Four Goals for 2018
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
since last year's thread was such a success apparently

in Japanese culture four is associated with death

that's a fun fact now what are your four goals for 2017 2018

1. exercise agency, do cool things because i can choose to do them
2. get to know people in my classes better and maybe do things with them once in a while
3. get a research position or job or something that i can put on my resume & get people i can use as recommendations
4. learn to draw better in case meteorology doesn't work out i can be an artist and live on the streets

bonus: worldbuild harder

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Four Goals for 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:17:32 AM »
now your next task isn't to do those things but make them more specific so they're more likely to happen

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:44:55 PM »
1) Get a real job, as defined by:
- Has to be full time
- Can be on the same team as my current job, but will need to be more senior and pay better
2) Move out
3) Get my degree finally hype
4) Learn to cook for real this time

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »
i feel like your 3 is a cheese goal since it's pretty much guaranteed to happen

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 12:49:10 PM »
1. Learn another musical instrument, preferably saxophone
2. Stay sane in college and maintain at least a 3.5 GPA
3. Attempt to get into my college's advanced wind ensemble during my third semester
4. Compose an actual full piece for wind ensemble or symphonic orchestra that's at least three minutes long

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 12:43:56 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '184528'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:06:22 AM by FiahOwl »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 12:56:49 AM »
1. Learn another musical instrument, preferably saxophone
2. Stay sane in college and maintain at least a 3.5 GPA
3. Attempt to get into my college's advanced wind ensemble during my third semester
4. Compose an actual full piece for wind ensemble or symphonic orchestra that's at least three minutes long

OK I'm going to redo these.

1. Learning at least two-three musical instruments. I'm planning to buy a euphonium during the spring semester so that's pretty much guaranteed to be one instrument I'll learn. I'm thinking clarinet or tenor saxophone after that.
2. Maintaining at least a 3.5 GPA and pass all of my classes with B or higher. I managed to do pretty well last semester with all A's except for one B, which was music theory. Obviously, I struggle in that class due to solfege, so that's something I'm gonna have to figure out to work on in the upcoming weeks. Of course, I'm progressing my other courses like piano and my lessons as well, so I'll have to work more.
3. Audition into my uni's advanced wind ensemble. I didn't get into it last time I auditioned, so I'm going to have to be more bombastic this time around in August. I'm half-convinced that one of the reasons why I didn't get in was just because I'm a first year, but regardless I'm planning to audition again.
4. Compose a full orchestral/wind band work. This is going to be a little iffy because I've been struggling a lot with composition recently and I've been doing only arrangements. Hopefully, I'll make a three minute mark with something that I'm somewhat confident and in love with. I expect that it's going to involve some interesting chord progressions and alike.

I think some extras would be writing a lot more, maybe get back into the artistry business. As well as trying to plan out worldbuilding development.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 11:06:23 PM »
glad i didn't give myself goals

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 01:15:01 AM »
1. exercise agency, do cool things because i can choose to do them
i went to fucking glacier national park on my own while i was in montana, and i guess there was that furry thing
i could have done more and i need to continue working on this but i consider it a success for 2018

2. get to know people in my classes better and maybe do things with them once in a while
i didn't do this

3. get a research position or job or something that i can put on my resume & get people i can use as recommendations
i got a fucking nws internship awww yih

4. learn to draw better in case meteorology doesn't work out i can be an artist and live on the streets
i got a tablet on halloween i think and i've been practicing and have learned some stuff so that counts i think, expect more developments in 2019

bonus: worldbuild harder
didn't really do that but that was a bonus anyway

hey 3/4 that's not too bad

this year went pretty well and i'm excited to continue improving myself in 2019

glad i didn't give myself goals
try harder this time