Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Rocky planets disappear when colliding with gas giants  (Read 5544 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Rocky planets disappear when colliding with gas giants
« on: December 12, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »
Today, I have found one of the most terrible bugs in Universe Sandbox 2, which has ever been found. When colliding gas giants with bigger rocky planets, the rocky planets disappears completely. This is abnormal and must be fixed as soon as possible.

As you can see in the animated GIF image below, the giant rocky planet disappears when the gas giant Jupiter crashes into it.

This is probably one of the most severe and worst bugs which has ever occurred in Universe Sandbox 2. Celestial objects should not disappear at all when they collide with one another.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
Re: Rocky planets disappear when colliding with gas giants
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
Has anyone noticed this disappearance bug? The animated GIF image that I posted above shows just that. What I have done is to create a terrestrial planet that is bigger in size than Jupiter and run the simulation to collide Jupiter with this huge terrestrial celestial object. What happened was, just before Jupiter was about to hit the surface of this mega terrestrial celestial planets, which I created, the super big brown terrestrial planets disappeared.

This is a bug because objects that are bigger than other objects in a simulation should not disappear and therefore should remain. The smaller object however, should break apart when entering the planet's atmosphere before being scattered in pieces causing widespread collisions and craters.

The bug is that gas giants that are smaller than bigger terrestrial planets make them disappear which is not suppose to happen. I have discovered this bug in Update 20.3 of Universe Sandbox 2. Please release a bug fix on this glitch.

Please try to recreate a simulation simulating a small gas giant with a bigger terrestrial planet on a collision course as an animated GIF and upload it on this thread here. You will see that my proof here is correct about this technical glitch which is very serious. This bug must be fixed as soon as possible because it causes huge faults in Universe Sandbox 2 which should never happen.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:02:17 AM »
For whatever reason this doesn't happen to me

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
Well, it did happen to me. The disappearing large terrestrial celestial planet glitch happened on update 20.3.

What update version of Universe Sandbox 2 are you using?

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »
Thanks. So did they fix this bug?