Universe Sandbox > Universe Sandbox ² | Discussion

simple question about adding solar system objects to solar model

(1/2) > >>

funkysandman:
Newbie question - how do I add an existing solar system object into a model that has it's parent in it without placing freehand?  I want it to go where it should be based on the simulation time.  An example would be to add Earth's moon to the included solar system simulation. 

Jar:
For known systems, you can right-click on an object to open its Properties panel, select the Actions tab, then click "Add Moons to Planet" or "Add Planets to Star."

funkysandman:
thanks, also interested in adding known asteroids in the solar system

Austritistanian:

--- Quote from: Jar on December 12, 2017, 12:34:18 PM ---For known systems, you can right-click on an object to open its Properties panel, select the Actions tab, then click "Add Moons to Planet" or "Add Planets to Star."

--- End quote ---

The feature is all good, but is there a way so that I could just add the major moons only? Like, I don't need all of the small asteroids that are orbiting Jupiter, it gets messy, and if you have a crappy computer, it can get really laggy. I really hope you're going to implement this in the next update, thanks

Cesare:
All the asteroids must stay in the Solar System simulation. All you need to do is use a faster computer to properly simulate the Solar System with all its moons and asteroids.

This complete simulation of our Solar System must stay in Universe Sandbox 2 because people learning about our Solar System must be aware of all the minor objects including small moons and asteroids. This simulation is very beneficial for school students and students learning science about our Solar System.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version