Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Create the ability to make mp4 files when recording a video?  (Read 4941 times)

MrPuffin

Create the ability to make mp4 files when recording a video?
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
I've been trying to make a video about Uranus and I'm using the in game video recorder because I don't want to have the UI in it. I put the quality at 1080p and keep it at the 33 fps setting because I don't want to make the file super huge and I want the clips to be high quality but every time I put the clips into my video editor, it crashes my whole computer. I had an idea of maybe we could have to option to record in an mp4 format? I kind of feel like an mp4 format would be much better instead of a gif file. Also my computer is running on Windows 10 and the video editor I use is Cyberlink Power Director 15 (Just in case you know anything that could fix my problem). Thank you for your time.  :-[

Physics_Hacker

Re: Create the ability to make mp4 files when recording a video?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »
Well, for one thing, gifs are NOT video files, they are image files with many frames to be animated, but they don't work well with the amount of frames you're asking for and I'm assuming the length, so that could be your problem. It would be best to use an external recorder and press tab in US2 before you start recording  recording (The turn off UI button is still tab...right? I'm not sure) Then you can ue whatever format you want...that is an actual video file.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »
I do agree with you that it would be a good idea to be able to create an MP4 video of your simulations. An MP4 would record your simulation with sound and no GUI interface.

You can ask the developers to add an MP4 record ability for simulations.

MicGyver

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:18:50 AM »
Genau wo bleibt der Viseoexport und wo kann man den renderer einstellen GPU ? :(

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
The good thing about MP4 files is that they can record much better quality resolution for videos. I always use MP4 when converting downloaded videos from the internet because that format is much more versatile and gives much better resolution when having videos over 1600 x 900 pixels.

For Universe Sandbox 2, by having to record simulations as MP4 would be a great advantage for viewers and also improve the quality to graphics on the recorded video when submitting MP4 videos of bugs to developers.