Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Does Magnetism travel faster than light?  (Read 4621 times)

Nick

Does Magnetism travel faster than light?
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:33:57 PM »
I Created a pulsar and it seems as though the Magnetic field is moving faster than light? I'm not sure if this is correct or just the game. Any thoughts?

tkulogo

Re: Does Magnetism travel faster than light?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:02:13 AM »
For all "does X travel faster than light" questions, the answer is "no" (including this one).

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:00:27 AM »
For all "does X travel faster than light" questions, the answer is "no" (including this one).

What about quantum entanglement?

tkulogo

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
To my knowledge, quantum entanglement is a particle state and doesn't travel.

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:01 AM »
The way I understand it, information cannot be sent faster than the speed of light. Magnetic fields can appear to move faster than the speed of light, but this cannot be used to send information. Quantum entanglement cannot be used to send information faster than the speed of light. Space or the Universe can expand faster than the speed of light but also this cannot be used to send information.

raxo2222

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »
There is no speed limit in this simulator

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »
In real life, no, it travels exactly at the speed of light because light is electromagnetic radiation and is the force carrier of electromagnetism.

In US2, it probably doesn't have a speed limit, like gravity, especially because magnetism isn't as developed as gravity yet and may not ever be as I'm sure they'll make the gravity system better and more like relativistic gravity (without actually doing the relativistic calculations, that is. I'm sure the devs don't want a bunch of people's computers to melt because of them)