General Category > Astronomy & Science

Kalassak's Astrophotography

(1/6) > >>

atomic7732:
most of my previous astrophotography is in the thread about my telescope and the thread about C/2014 Q2 (Lovejoy), but in the future i will (try to) post it all here

i got my Vixen Polarie (equatorial tracking mount) today and omg it's amazing

it came with a sturdy af tripod that is so much better than my old one(s) and the ball head adapter that the camera sits on is so smooth and easy to move and lock in place, even if controlling it to aim at the right place is a little weird some times

i still need to mess around with it a bit, cause my image of the Andromeda Galaxy is a flop and i can't find C/2017 O1 (ASASSN), but... i will! after i figure out optimal camera settings and stuff

on the other hand, the Orion Nebula came out well:

5x 30s @ ISO 400, 300mm, f/5 Sony alpha 58 (cropped)

MrPuffin:
That's awesome! I'm hoping I can get a hi-tech telescope/gear like yours in the future! I'm hoping that I'll get it for Christmas and I hope I don't get one of those 20 dollar sears telescopes. I want a real one like yours! I'm hoping to be able to look at all the different planets and stuff.

atomic7732:
It's not pretty but... behold, 62P/Tsuchinshan 1 (faint fuzzball just to the right of center):

6x 30s @ ISO 6400, 300mm, f/5 Sony alpha 58 (cropped)

atomic7732:
omggggggggggggg it's greeeeen (well, cyanish)

2x 30s @ ISO 16000, 300mm, f/5 Sony alpha 58 (cropped)

not as good as it could have been, some clouds moved in and i have to go to sleep

atomic7732:
idk where the color went, also iota Leonis in the center

5x 30s @ ISO 16000, 300mm, f/5 Sony alpha 58 (full frame)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version