Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New here - Stellar Types  (Read 2946 times)

NeonKnight

New here - Stellar Types
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »
OK, so I'm new with the software, and looking to simulate some systems.

How can I create a new Star. Example. I want to make an F7v stellar body. Do I just plop down (closest I found in already made stars is a F5lb) something close. How do I know I've tweaked the star enough to make a proper stellar type.

Physics_Hacker

Re: New here - Stellar Types
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:14:10 PM »
OK, so I'm new with the software, and looking to simulate some systems.

How can I create a new Star. Example. I want to make an F7v stellar body. Do I just plop down (closest I found in already made stars is a F5lb) something close. How do I know I've tweaked the star enough to make a proper stellar type.

If you want to make a specific stellar type like that, yes, you'll have to go with the closest thing a tweak it until it has the properties that kind of star would have (Temperature, luminosity, mass, etc...Some things effect other things though, like that I'm fairly sure mass effects luminosity and I know that luminosity effects temperature)

tkulogo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:10:26 AM »
If you turn off "radius from composition," you can go into the "composition" tab and edit the size, mass, and temperature directly. This is nice if you have a specific star in mind, because some real stars don't fit the formulas used by US² because of metallicity, mass loss, etc.

NeonKnight

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:32:11 AM »
Cool...thanx!