Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Exporting a planetary map / evolution of planet  (Read 3831 times)

TiltMasterTim

Exporting a planetary map / evolution of planet
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »
Good morning!

First off, I tried searching for this and the previous post was from 2015 so I figured it could use a refresh. Is there a way to export a map of a planet in Universe Sandbox2? I just got into world building and thought it would be cool to create my own planet from scratch. Which I did and I feel invested in it because it took so long to get everything just right. I would like to be able to get a map of the planet to continue building my world. So if there is not currently a way to do that, I think it would be an excellent feature to add.

Second, as I understand it, climate change occurs on the planets but does it change the surface of the planet (i.e. melting ice caps at the poles causing water levels to rise)? Does the coast erode? I do not think there is a functionality for the creation of new land mass, other than what may occur as a result of the collision of another object.

Any insight is appreciated, thank you!

Physics_Hacker

Re: Exporting a planetary map / evolution of planet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »
Currently there is no way of exporting the maps. It might be a planned feature, but I doubt it. We will be able to import maps one day, but I'm not confident that there will ever be a way of exporting what US2 generates, though the devs or another user may prove me wrong.

And no, those processes don't occur in US2, though the first might one day, the second I'm not sure about and the third thing you mentioned probably will be added one day.