Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planet and Ring Particles Bug  (Read 5864 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Planet and Ring Particles Bug
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:19:33 PM »
When selecting particles from planet collisions or ring particles, they do not change size when trying to change their size. For example, when selecting any ring or planet particles, when trying to make them the same size as a planet, they shrink down back to their original size.

In the Alpha 16 version of Universe Sandbox 2, this particle bug does not exist. Please fix this bug.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: Planet and Ring Particles Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »
This is not a bug. It's just simply that particles are not considered "full bodies" by default and so their properties cannot be changed. You must convert it to a full body via the following: Select particle > Properties tab > Actions > Convert fragment to full body.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:16:41 PM »
Converting a fragment to a full body is not realistic enough. I prefer to manually grow the size of fragments to simulate early planet formation in action to show their growth progress over time.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
Converting it to a full body doesn't change its mass or size instantly. It just makes the game treat it a different way. The name "full body" is a little misleading. You can still grow early protoplanets out of particles that the game considers "full bodies."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:59:35 PM by SyzygyΣE »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
I hope that Universe Sandbox 2 shall soon simulate the birth of solar system and planets from a planetary cloud of dust when particles and asteroids collide to form growing bodies, called planets.

Also, I hope that soon, complex life simulation will be able to simulate complex life by adding wildlife, creatures and humans on terrestrial planets which are habitable.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »
...Also, I hope that soon, complex life simulation will be able to simulate complex life by adding wildlife, creatures and humans on terrestrial planets which are habitable.

I don't me to rain on your parade, but this will probably never happen. This isn't No Man's Sky. They might implement a simple life simulation such as greenery on life-sustaining planets and possibly on certain locations where it is habitable but I seriously doubt thee will be any complex life simulation and certainly not too much surface-level detail. If they did that, we wouldn't be able to have large numbers of bodies because the simulation would be too slow!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 04:52:16 AM »
Well. Space Engine has very complex graphics with lots of details and life simulation is represented by greenery and bodies of moving water. There are waves on bodies of water in Space Engine. They can do the same thing in Universe Sandbox 2 as well.

Froggy

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:39:36 AM »
Well. Space Engine has very complex graphics with lots of details and life simulation is represented by greenery and bodies of moving water. There are waves on bodies of water in Space Engine. They can do the same thing in Universe Sandbox 2 as well.
Thing is, they are completely different game engines, Universe Sandbox^2  is "written in a manage .NET language, Visual Basic .NET. It uses the Truevision3D graphics engine and the nUI Interface library (buttons, list controls, etc...)". Space Engine is a different game engine, that is why it's called Space Engine. Cause it's an Engine.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:12:42 AM by Froggy »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
I know that Space Engine is an engine, but I would like Universe Sandbox 2 to have such beautiful and realistic graphics like Space Engine.

Froggy

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »
But Space Engine is a completely different engine (Also I saw you on Space Engine forums!)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 06:04:20 AM »
I know that Space Engine is completely different from Universe Sandbox 2. Yes, I did post some good suggestions on the Space Engine forum.

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 06:23:08 AM »
Thing is, they are completely different game engines, Universe Sandbox^2  is "written in a manage .NET language, Visual Basic .NET. It uses the Truevision3D graphics engine and the nUI Interface library (buttons, list controls, etc...)". Space Engine is a different game engine, that is why it's called Space Engine. Cause it's an Engine.

The original, legacy, version of Universe Sandbox was written in VB.NET and used the Truevision3D engine. The current version, Universe  Sandbox², is written in C# and Unity3D.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
Will the next version of Universe Sandbox 2 be written in something better than Unity3D?