Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kepler Systems - Add them all  (Read 6295 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Kepler Systems - Add them all
« on: April 27, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »
Please can you add all the Kepler systems to Universe Sandbox 2 in the simulations of systems.

Here is a list of Kepler systems:

1. Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exoplanets_discovered_using_the_Kepler_spacecraft

2. Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kepler_exoplanet_candidates_in_the_habitable_zone

Universe Sandbox 2 must include all the Kepler system and the candidates that are in the habitable zone.

electricpants

• Is it bad that I like ammonia planets better?
Re: Kepler Systems - Add them all
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »
Oh yes, let's add all of the 2000+ Kepler solar systems to US2. That makes total sense.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:30:52 AM »
We should have all the Kepler systems in Universe Sandbox 2 in the list of simulations.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
We should have all the Kepler systems in Universe Sandbox 2 in the list of simulations.

crash crash crashing everytime crash crash too many simulations crash craaashh

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »
I don't think that Universe Sandbox 2 will ever have too many simulations because, from time to time, more and more simulations are being added as new updates are added.

Developers might modify the interface so that simulations can be organized into folders. I believe that when Update 21 comes out, the interface will change slightly, in a way which allows users to create folders and sub folders so that simulations and saved planets can be organized to a tree structure, like Windows Explorer shell folders.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »
I don't think that Universe Sandbox 2 will ever have too many simulations because, from time to time, more and more simulations are being added as new updates are added.

They add new simulations, but not thousands of them. We don't all have petabyte hard drives or have terabyte RAM. You might, for all I know, but I sure don't. I don't want my computer to explode upon trying to uncompress that much data.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:40:10 AM »
Simulations don't need to have thousands of planets.

What I mean is to include all the Kepler simulations. All those simulations should not cause any problems.

electricpants

• Is it bad that I like ammonia planets better?
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 04:59:32 AM »
Simulations don't need to have thousands of planets.

While you're right about that, due to the fact that there would be over 2000+ simulations, it's practically the same as having one simulation with thousands of planets and stars.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 07:29:18 AM »
Yes, that right because even if you add 1000s of simulations, the quantity of simulations does not affect speed and performance. What affect speed and performance is having 1000s of bodies, asteroids belts and rings around planets in one simulation.

You can have only one simulation with 1000s of bodies, rings and asteroid belts, and that will really slow down your computer.