Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: thunder storms?  (Read 2784 times)

felipe

thunder storms?
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »
like thunder storms you can see from space and to that effect be possible on a planet you need to be in the right conditions to this be possible

like a stormy planet

and i think that would be cool to add because you cna make planets more realistic and cool

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: thunder storms?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »
Thunderstorms may be more of a surface feature after a player has landed than a view-from-space feature. They're just not that obvious from a distance or in space.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:24:33 AM »
Thunderstorms may be more of a surface feature after a player has landed than a view-from-space feature. They're just not that obvious from a distance or in space.

Have you even seen thunderstorms from the ISS? They are actually quite visible. It might be a late-development feature but it would add another nugget of detail, which is always nice.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:33:24 AM »

Have you even seen thunderstorms from the ISS? They are actually quite visible. It might be a late-development feature but it would add another nugget of detail, which is always nice.
Yep, I've seen them. I suppose I misworded my earlier response. What I meant to say was that it might work as a feature seen when pressing "C." This is because "C" lands you on top of the atmosphere, offering a view similar to the ISS. I meant that thunderstorms probably won't be too obvious a feature from a good distance away, say, at geosynchronous orbit around the Earth.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:00:37 PM »

Yep, I've seen them. I suppose I misworded my earlier response. What I meant to say was that it might work as a feature seen when pressing "C." This is because "C" lands you on top of the atmosphere, offering a view similar to the ISS. I meant that thunderstorms probably won't be too obvious a feature from a good distance away, say, at geosynchronous orbit around the Earth.

Yeah, from a distance away where you can easily see the whole disk of Earth at once, it might not be too noticeable, that I can agree on. Though, C is really meant to land you on the surface of the planet, so it shouldn't be the only way of seeing them, it just be drawn in when getting relatively close to the planet.