Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lock more than one value  (Read 6417 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Lock more than one value
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:31:39 PM »
When it comes to locking the mass or radius there is a problem. When I want to lock both the mass and radius, I can only lock one of them at a time. This problem really bothers me because when I finish editing the parameters of a value, I want to lock it. I want to be able to lock all the values, mass, radius, temperature and luminosity (for stars).

All celestial objects which involves planets, gas giants and stars must have the ability to have their values locked and unlocked when users want to lock or unlock them. When saving celestial bodies, their locked values must be saved with all the other properties of the object.

Please make it possible for Universe Sandbox 2, to make it possible to lock more than one parameter value on the properties of celestial objects.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
Re: Lock more than one value
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »
Agreed this feature would be very nice to have.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:03:06 PM »
Thanks. When locking values, you should be able to lock as many values as you want. Also, locked values should be saved. For example, if I lock both the mass and radius for Earth and save it, when re-spawning the saved Earth, both the mass and radius would be locked.

The save state of any locked or unlocked values should remain saved in their current state positions. Craters and impact mark collisions should also be saved for planets and stars.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »
While that would be nice to have craters saved and lock status saved, I think that would be a lot more involved than just adding locks to all the parameters. However the ability to lock all parameters should be easy to implement and quite frankly I am surprised it does not already exist. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:19:08 AM »
Yes, of course, it is very important to me to have saved locked values, crater impact marks and all other simulation settings and bodies settings.