Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ring bodies instead of particles question  (Read 3486 times)

Knedla

Ring bodies instead of particles question
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:28:24 AM »
Is it possible to have any other celestial body to spawn in a ring except moons? I guess I just missed something, but whenever I spawn bodies in a ring, all of them are supermassive moons almost twice the mass of jupiter and all are called Moon [number].

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: Ring bodies instead of particles question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 02:38:05 AM »
What type of ring did you select? If you chose options like "Moon Swarm," it would spawn moons instead of particles. To start off, try the option that reads "Ring 2–4 Radii." It shouldn't create moons and would instead create particles. As an additional precaution, check to see that the option "Bodies Instead Of Particles" is off.

Knedla

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 02:55:21 AM »
What type of ring did you select? If you chose options like "Moon Swarm," it would spawn moons instead of particles. To start off, try the option that reads "Ring 2–4 Radii." It shouldn't create moons and would instead create particles. As an additional precaution, check to see that the option "Bodies Instead Of Particles" is off.
I think you misunderstood my question. I am sorry for not giving enough info. So, what I meant is that I use either the Realistic ring preset or Asteroid Belt. What I want is to spawn bodies instead of particles buy whenever I do that it only spawns Moons and there is no option to select any other body. I would really like to spawn a few small bodies (not spherical) and let them grow in a protoplanetary disk.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:06:20 AM »
Oh . . . I see. In that case, unfortunately, there is no option to spawn other full bodies except the Moon in ring presents. What you can do, however, is to spawn in a swarm of particles, select all of them (CTRL + drag mouse), open the object properties menu that should appear on the right side of your screen, and press the button "Convert To Full Bodies." Do be careful that this tends to create a rather severe lag spike, especially if there are a vast number of particles. I recommend limiting particles to several hundred at most before selecting all of them and doing this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:25:54 AM by SyzygyΣE »

Knedla

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:57 AM »
Ok, I will try, Thx for the fast reply!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:42:05 AM by Knedla »