Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Saturn's North Pole  (Read 4192 times)

Alexster0245

Saturn's North Pole
« on: August 20, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »
I happened to be messing around in Sandbox, and realized that when I spawned in Saturn, its north pole didn't have the iconic hexagonal pattern. I thought maybe it was in my graphics settings, but I messed around with those and nothing happened. Does anyone else notice this, or is it actually something with my graphics?

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: Saturn's North Pole
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:43:43 AM »
I believe it's just that the feature has not yet been implemented. I've not really heard much about the devs speaking about updating textures, but I suppose the hexagonal pattern is a valid suggestion. Good spot.

samsmith150

• hello, i am sam smith working as a content writer.
    • assignment help
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:19:55 AM »
I think you right.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »
I think a lot of the maps in US2 are partly fictional (They look like what the actual planet does, but aren't exact) And yes, Jupiter, Earth, Mercury and Neptune are based on real data, at least for the most part, I'm not sure (I know for a fact Earth is 100% correct on landmass colors and shapes and the such) but others, like Saturn, are probably highly fictional since it changes and so it wouldn't be feasible to keep changing the textures (Though we'll be able to in the net few updates choose our own textures...yay!!!)

Although I do remember seeing Saturn's texture having the hexagon at some point.