Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: there is a possibility of  (Read 9468 times)

felipe

there is a possibility of
« on: August 06, 2017, 12:38:20 PM »
the new exomoon discovered be habitable because wen i saw anton petrov's video about the exomoon he said that can be habitable and wich name the exomoon will have?

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: there is a possibility of
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »
I've also seen that video. According to Universe Sandbox's simulations, the exomoon does lie in the habitable zone of the star. However, there are a huge number of factors that go into determining whether an object is habitable, not just its location in the system. We believe the exomoon is actually quite large at about the same size as Neptune. Therefore, there is a likelihood that it is a gas giant, or rather, gas dwarf. Simple organisms can exist within gaseous and massive objects, but you really do need a rocky crust for civilisations like ours to develop based on our current level of understanding.

Personally, I am sceptical that this exomoon will turn out to be habitable. It's simply too massive to not hold on to a substantial atmosphere. Even if the atmosphere wasn't analogous to a gas giant, the pressure at the surface would be tremendous, possibly even more than Venus. Those conditions are not fit for life as we know it.

There's actually a few voices out there who suggest the exomoon is actually a double gas giant system with its parent.

I don't know what the exomoon will be called, but it probably would be some kind of numbered and lettered designation.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:38:26 AM by SyzygyΣE »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:31:02 AM »
For what it will be called, I feel like there might be a need to bring number designations into the exo-object naming standard? e.g.

Star-Planet-Moon
KI 18234971-b-1

(or for example for our moon, if it had no name)
Sol-Earth-1

felipe

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:35 PM »
so if the moon have an crust and somehow have a low atmosphere (because is not every massive object that can have a tremedous atmosphere or even the atmosphere) we partically found pandora

and the name i think would be kepler-1652-b-1

felipe

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:02:19 PM »
or the life (if its rocky and have this atmosphere you say) could be an exotic type (maybe because i idk if to exotic life appear need to be out of the habitable zone)

TimDaranhaal

• sexoclicker sex videos post
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
there isn't ever really 100% certainty unless the planet itself has been visited since even Mars has had traces of it being habitable at one point in time. But yes, normally masses that big are very difficult to sustain a livable atmosphere, so chances are it won't be inhabitable in the foreseeable future.