Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to allocate more CPU and RAM?  (Read 4037 times)

Spectral_Nebula

How to allocate more CPU and RAM?
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »
Hi! I know this question seems obvious, but I haven't found it being asked anywhere and I've been searching the forum here, on Reddit, on Steam and generally just trying to search the internet.

I noticed my game runs slow on simulations that are not very intensive. It only uses 25% of my CPU and 2GB of RAM. How can I allocate more?

I have 8GB of RAM and it says I have an " AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 360 Processor 2.80GHz " and my friend says the game is not utilizing all four cores but I don't know what that means.

EDIT: I've actually just had a problem crop up.

It used to be when I dragged the mouse left, the camera turned left. When I dragged the mouse right, the camera turned right. But now they've reversed and I don't know what I did to cause it. I'm finding it very cumbersome to control the camera now. Is there any way to change it back?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:37:21 PM by Spectral_Nebula »

Spectral_Nebula

Re: How to allocate more CPU and RAM?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »
Is this something that can't be done?

I can fix the mouse reversal thing by starting a new sim but a while into the sim the mouse reverses again, and I don't want to keep having to start a whole new sim to fix the problem. Is there another way to fix left and right scrolling being reversed?

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:47:24 AM »
I don't think there is a way to do this, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say the mouse scroll reverses after you play for a while. My mouse control has always been the same.

There is a bit of trick you can use, but it's not really a fix, as in a kind of option to invert this. If you rotate your camera so you are looking at a planet upside down, the mouse also reverses, I think.

Spectral_Nebula

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 02:43:28 AM »
I don't think there is a way to do this, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say the mouse scroll reverses after you play for a while. My mouse control has always been the same.

There is a bit of trick you can use, but it's not really a fix, as in a kind of option to invert this. If you rotate your camera so you are looking at a planet upside down, the mouse also reverses, I think.

Thanks, you were right! I had somehow rolled the camera upside down. Thanks for the help wouldn't have figured that out on my own as I didn't know what I had done at first.