Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What to do in this game? Is it dead?  (Read 3276 times)

GodisReal

What to do in this game? Is it dead?
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »
I bought Universe Sandbox 2 last summer sale 2016 for $19.99 and I've had almost 20 hours of gameplay on it and I started to get bored and I don't know what to do. I have a Ryzen 1700 and a gtx 1080 desktop and I feel like this kind of game is too easy to run on this system. I was hoping that there's community mods for it but nope. Is this game dead? What should I do?

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: What to do in this game? Is it dead?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
The game is still very much alive. A new update was released for it early July. Currently, there are little to no mods for it, but the devs are working on a Steam Workshop where mods will be able to be uploaded.

I can understand where you are coming from when you say you got a little bored of it. There's still simply not that much to do in the game yet, though new features are coming in every once in a while. What have you done so far? It really depends on how you want to play the game that determines how much it'll keep your interest. I have almost 200 hours stocked on it because I spend long hours building custom systems and that never gets boring for me. If you just want to see things explode and collide then your interest may not hold for very long.

electricpants

• Is it bad that I like ammonia planets better?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
Only 20 hours in a year?!
I bought this game last year too, but I already have >2000 hours on this game!

If you're the guy who just collides things together then the game won't be very interesting for long.

Try making unique, stable solar systems instead of colliding things together, then the game will be interesting for longer.

What makes making solar systems more interesting for me, is that I make some sort of backstory for the system, and If there's any habitable planets, I try to imagine what aliens might look like on those planets.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »
Only 20 hours in a year?!
I bought this game last year too, but I already have >2000 hours on this game!

If you're the guy who just collides things together then the game won't be very interesting for long.

Try making unique, stable solar systems instead of colliding things together, then the game will be interesting for longer.

What makes making solar systems more interesting for me, is that I make some sort of backstory for the system, and If there's any habitable planets, I try to imagine what aliens might look like on those planets.
Well, I wish I had 2000 hours to spend on it, but I have to balance game time with everything else—doesn't always end up working as I like. ::)

And yes—if the art of worldbuilding and the design of your very own solar systems is a subject of interest to you, you won't grow tired of the game for some time.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
I agree with the other responses, I have over 1700 hours in this game and probably 99% of that is creating custom solar systems. Its certainly not dead, just not complete yet.