Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How can i make a double binary system  (Read 2839 times)

Me

How can i make a double binary system
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »
I've tried hundreds of times to create either a double binary system or a binary in binary around a heavier star, but it all ends the same way: crashing together. how do i make it preventing, and as i know, i have to manually enter the velocity of what?

Physics_Hacker

Re: How can i make a double binary system
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 05:43:38 PM »
Two things:
Lots and lots of trial and error
And/or
Doing the math yourself

Both are pretty tedious, but thats why there are only a few people I have heard from in this community that can actually make them (Me included, since I can) but if you spend a lo of time trying, you'll get there.

Planetoid_75

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »
Um. Hello. I'm new to the universe sandbox thing, but it is possible to create a double binary system. You are god in Universe Sandbox 2, so what you put into your universe is your decision. I've seen some people create a binary star system and have 5 planets inside the binary system. You are the master of your universe.

Luke27262

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 01:06:13 AM »
I've tried hundreds of times to create either a double binary system or a binary in binary around a heavier star, but it all ends the same way: crashing together. how do i make it preventing, and as i know, i have to manually enter the velocity of what?

No, I'm sorry that these two people aren't being all that helpful. http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=3432.0

This WILL help you a lot. Be sure to follow every instruction precisely! I did and I had a cool Binary system!

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:59:31 AM »
Creating a binary star system isn't hard. Here's a guide I wrote up about how to do so in case you need it.

Creating a binary star system around another binary star system, though . . . I can't do that easily either. I haven't tried with anything beyond trinary star systems, but I intend to sooner or later. Probably does involve a lot of experimentation like Physics_Hacker says.