Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: how to give your planets climate, no melting required  (Read 3774 times)

Nomad14

how to give your planets climate, no melting required
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:12 AM »
First you need a zip file manager. a saved body of earth, and your target planet.

so go to documents,universe sandbox 2, bodies and (make a backup of both earth and the target) rename the ubox to zip. now open and what you want to do is edit the body file of earth (i recommend notepad++ because is is very powerful and FREE script editor) and on the earth file scroll to the very bottom. Should look like the code on the image. you want to copy that and put that on the very bottom of the target body file and save. once done if you open up the game, the planets are missing so you need to go to the bodies folder and rename the zip part to ubox and Bravo.  ;D

now you have planets with climate that are not looking like the ugly coal color that is unchangeable

Im posting this again because i think i put the last post in the wrong place

Nomad14

Re: how to give your planets climate, no melting required
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
Oh I just realized this may NOT work because im on beta, who knows. Please give it a try anyways.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:44:51 AM by Nomad14 »

electricpants

• Is it bad that I like ammonia planets better?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
Could you please explain this better?  ???

Minhoca

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
Good job! And for the other person he meant that if you change the file code you can make the planet get climate.