Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: advanced coloring planet options  (Read 4460 times)

felipe

advanced coloring planet options
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »
like you can paint part or an entire hemisphere or the equator

exp: the planet only has plant life on equator due the tropical zone so if i want to recreate this on US2 on moment i cant because you color the entire planet and not a specific zone

so would be very cool and you could make alien worlds or some thing beter

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: advanced coloring planet options
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
This is an interesting idea. Perhaps the devs can consider this. However, in the current version of the game, you may only colour according to elevation—high, medium, or low, not by a specific zone (e.g. the equator).

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »
You seem to have a lot of planet customization questions...If you want to be able to make your own planet with lots of control, I'd suggest Grand Designer. Once adding your own textures to planets is added, the textures you make in Grand Designer will be able to be used, and until then, well...Its pretty much just a matter of doing the best you can with what's given.

saara

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »
do you even have university box?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:31:20 AM by saara »

electricpants

• Is it bad that I like ammonia planets better?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:00:28 PM »
university box
I don't know about a "university box", but I do know a "Universe Sandbox2".

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »
You seem to have a lot of planet customization questions...If you want to be able to make your own planet with lots of control, I'd suggest Grand Designer. Once adding your own textures to planets is added, the textures you make in Grand Designer will be able to be used, and until then, well...Its pretty much just a matter of doing the best you can with what's given.

He's got a point. They'll probably add green planets when life is possible or something like that in the future but if you want a fully customization planet Grand Designer would be better