Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Way to keep planet in view?  (Read 2562 times)

Streamweaver

Way to keep planet in view?
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »
I've search for tracking, locked view and the like here.

Is there a way to keep one body in the camera view from another?  I am trying to create a sim to demonstrate a geostationary orbit and would like to keep earth in view from the satellite to show it staying over the same location but I can't figure out how to do that.

Also, sometimes when I select earth and the satellite I get a line between them that would be great to keep while the sim runs to show the relative pace but it always disappears.  Is there a way to get a linking line between the two to stay?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Way to keep planet in view?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
Keeping two objects in view is not currently possible in Universe Sandbox ². This feature existed in the original Universe Sandbox, but never quite worked well. It's a good idea, I've added it to our to-do list.

I'm not sure what line you are referring to. Could you possibly take a screenshot and share it? Thanks!

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Way to keep planet in view?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
Keeping two objects in view is not currently possible in Universe Sandbox ². This feature existed in the original Universe Sandbox, but never quite worked well. It's a good idea, I've added it to our to-do list.

I'm not sure what line you are referring to. Could you possibly take a screenshot and share it? Thanks!

I believe he/she is talking about having the camera in a geo-centric orbit around the earth, and pointed towards earth.