Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox ² 2017 Roadmap | Parts I & II  (Read 8868 times)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Universe Sandbox ² 2017 Roadmap | Parts I & II
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
Wondering what's next for Universe Sandbox ²?

Find out in Part I of our 2017 Roadmap, where we discuss what we accomplished in 2016 and what we're currently working on: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/02/2017-roadmap/

Then check out Part II to find out what we have planned for the rest of the year and beyond: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/02/2017-roadmap-part-ii/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:33:54 AM by Jar »

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Universe Sandbox ² 2017 Roadmap
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
Thanks

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:51:16 PM »
One thing I'd like to be added, is a timescale limiter.
When I watch US2 videos, the new users would drag the timescale slider all the way to the right, so the sims speed increases to the point where the Sol system's (the name of our solar system) planets start flying away from Sol, (the suns name) and I find it a bit annoying for these new users to make false conclusions based on their error.
I'd like their be a limiter to prevent this, and a notification telling new users that increasing the timescale would decrease the sims accuracy.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »
We actually already have a system in place for this. If you ever see the timestep icon turn red, that is the "limiter" kicking in. It's not a perfect system, and it can be overridden in the settings, but it tries to find an appropriate accuracy for the simulation and then limit the timestep to a rate which can handle that level of accuracy.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »
Oh..
Ok..
 I meant for it to stop increasing the speed to a curtain point.
I'd like there to be a forced tutorial, but short, just pointing out the basics, and a few other things.
And an option to take the full tutorial at the end of the short one. 

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »
Universe Sandbox ² 2017 Roadmap | Part II is out now.

http://universesandbox.com/blog/2017/02/2017-roadmap-part-ii/

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Universe Sandbox ² 2017 Roadmap | Parts I & II
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »
Thanks, im4space! I just updated my post with a link to Part II.  :)

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »
Is there any chance that you guys could add more object composition options to the list? It would be nice to control what planetary atmospheres and oceans are composed of.

Say you have a really cold planet and want it to have liquid oceans despite the temperature; just tweak the levels of ammonia or methane and it becomes liquid oceans. Titan could be more realistic with this and it would add some more depth to custom planets.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Thanks, im4space! I just updated my post with a link to Part II.  :)

The part two sounds really awesome.
I like the second and third stage Planetary Grids/Detail/Automata. they seem to be the best parts so far, and I want to see what "doors" these can open.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »
Is there any chance that you guys could add more object composition options to the list? It would be nice to control what planetary atmospheres and oceans are composed of.

Say you have a really cold planet and want it to have liquid oceans despite the temperature; just tweak the levels of ammonia or methane and it becomes liquid oceans. Titan could be more realistic with this and it would add some more depth to custom planets.
We've talked about adding composition materials, but we don't have a timeline for that. We're certainly interested in increasing the complexity for better accuracy, realism, and more user control. Adding atmospheric composition is also a great and really interesting idea, we've also talked about this, but it's a bit more of a complex issue. Hopefully sometime in the future!

I like the second and third stage Planetary Grids/Detail/Automata. they seem to be the best parts so far, and I want to see what "doors" these can open.
We agree, we want to see that as well.  :)

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »

We've talked about adding composition materials, but we don't have a timeline for that. We're certainly interested in increasing the complexity for better accuracy, realism, and more user control. Adding atmospheric composition is also a great and really interesting idea, we've also talked about this, but it's a bit more of a complex issue. Hopefully sometime in the future!

We agree, we want to see that as well.  :)

How are thinks going so far?

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
Looks wonderful to see how far the simulation has gotten to since it's creation. Also can't wait for Alpha 19 and beyond!