Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Saving moons with an object?  (Read 3326 times)

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
Saving moons with an object?
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
I notice that many stars and planets have a button that allows the user to place the entire system of that object with it.

Is there a way to save moons and other objects with a host object this way? This would make things a LOT easier when adding moons to planets in an already predetermined orbit (the orbits can become very uneven).

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
Re: Saving moons with an object?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »
Unless I've somehow overlooked it in the controls and various buttons, there doesn't seem to be an option to save an object and its moons. The closest thing is the ability of adding moons we know exist to a body like Jupiter or to spawn an entire system. I do admit this would be a useful feature, however.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:25 PM »
 Cant you highlight and select a system, and find a "save" option?

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »
Cant you highlight and select a system, and find a "save" option?
That's the thing. There isn't a save option that lets you save the moons with a planet or anything like that.

I've attached the system I'd like to add to another save. You can see how adding all of the moons in the larger save would make the host planet's orbit all wonky.

Hyper_Schnitzel

• Physics is Phun!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 03:33:32 AM »
I am not sure how it is now, but half a year ago, when I tried to save a planet with its moons and when I placed that system again, the moons had no velocity and plummeted into the Planet