Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Typing Issues  (Read 3762 times)

Pat Block

Typing Issues
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
I'm having quite bit of trouble inputting text, it's intermittent but when happens I can't get any typing to work.  For example, if I try to save a sim I can delete within the edit box and I can paste into it, but can't actually type and sometimes the screen flickers as I try to type.  It can happen with any edit area, I first noticed it in the 'send feedback' box.

-

emarksmi

Re: Typing Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:57:38 PM »
Interesting.  I noticed the same thing Saturday Evening.  It was the first time I'd seen it.  I had to shut down US and restart it.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »
I'm not sure I have encountered this same issue before. I have had a few rare instances where clicking most buttons wouldn't have any effect and it was impossible to select objects, but this sounds like it's something different. The next time this occurs, can you try to select any object and see if this problem between us is one and the same?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:12:48 PM by SyzygyΣE »

Pat Block

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:32:19 AM »
I'm not sure I have encountered this same issue before. I have had a few rare instances where clicking most buttons wouldn't have any effect and it was impossible to select objects, but this sounds like it's something different. The next time this occurs, can you try to select any object and see if this problem between us is one and the same?

No I don't recall having any problem selecting objects, just typing input.

-

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
No I don't recall having any problem selecting objects, just typing input.
Do you have any way of replicating this issue? Does it just randomly happen sometimes or did you do something that triggered it?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
Sorry for the issue. If the screen is flickering, then it sounds like there was an exception thrown... in other words, something went wrong  ;). The solution is for us to track down and fix these, so the next time you have this issue, please send us your log before opening Universe Sandbox ² again.

Here are instructions for finding and sending your log: http://universesandbox.com/support/emaillog

Thanks!

Pat Block

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
Do you have any way of replicating this issue? Does it just randomly happen sometimes or did you do something that triggered it?

No, I can't deliberately replicate it.  I'll send in the report next time it happens, as Jar suggested.

Thanks guys

-