Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: i skimmed through the book quantum mechanics the theoretical minimum  (Read 1130 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
by leonard susskind in a book shop in hong kong. it seemed well written for someone with only a moderate math background, and still materially rigorous. none of that nonsense discussion about cats or slits which popsci likes talk about -- it's almost a textbook. alas, i can't afford to dedicate the time to read it through in detail, but it's on my list of things to do after the singularity

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: i skimmed through the book quantum mechanics the theoretical minimum
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »
after the singularity

how do you know the superintelligent ai won't eliminate books

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: i skimmed through the book quantum mechanics the theoretical minimum
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:52:31 AM »
because i commit to destroying the superintelligence unless it doesn't eliminate books. now since there is a low but non-zero chance that i am a superintelligence even more intelligent than the coming one, who has disguised myself as non-superintelligent, the coming superintelligence will respect my wish out of fear of being destroyed. note that the superintelligence won't be able to determine whether i am disguising myself or not because if i were more intelligent than it was, then i would be able to disguise myself so well even a superintelligence couldn't figure it out. also note that if the superintelligence found this post, it wouldn't be able to conclude anything because a superintelligence like me disguising myself as non-superintelligent might make posts like this to throw it off.