Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Overglow  (Read 2650 times)

Pat Block

Overglow
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:39 AM »
Even after turning glows off in settings I find things far too glowey, galaxies look like big over-glown blury blobs, nothing at all like galaxies to me.  I much prefer the way they look in USB1, is there any way to change this?  A few more galaxies to play around with would be nice as well, we had 10 in USB1 including our own.

Andromeda in USB1

Andromeda USB2

I mean, what's that supposed to be?  It's totally unrecognisable.  Where are the spiral arms?  It's just a blobby mess.  :(

Also, is there any way to input/set a specific date and time? 

Thanks

-
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:00:02 PM by Pat Block »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Overglow
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:36:04 PM »
Sorry for the galaxy issue, they're pretty broken right now. Improving them (and bringing them up to par with Legacy) has been on our list for a long time now. The good news is that we have a developer who's very excited to dive into this project once we are done with our next VR update. Hopefully soon they'll be mapped properly and actually have distinct shapes, rather than the generic blobs most of them have now.

As for setting a specific date & time, you can't do that while running a sim, but you can start a sim at a specific date. Before opening a sim, hover over its tile (in Home > Open), then click the pencil icon to Open Advanced Settings. There you can specify a date and time.

Hope that helps!

Pat Block

Re: Overglow
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:45:08 AM »
Thanks for your reply Jar, it's good to hear that you'll be working on this and I look forward to some useable galaxies in the near future.

-