Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BIG BANG  (Read 16338 times)

gmanoflife

BIG BANG
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »
Is there any way to remake the "Big Bang"?

And is possible for dust to come together and make bodies?

brandon8621

Re: BIG BANG
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »
im a new member and i just found out about this simultor but i think u can by grouping a lot of particols and seting them on high volosoty

Pete_G

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »
Well replicating the big bang would be pretty impossible. The sheer size of such an explosion can't be visualised, let alone replicated. You can make explosions though. The most spectacular way I found is to set the number of parts quite high and explode the body. but before resuming the simulations click 'to dust' too. The left over dust will be influenced by gravity. A great way to blow up a moon and turn it into a planetary ring.

Also, dust and particles cant combine to make bodies, but it would be an awesome feauture. I hope it can be added in the future.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
Is there any way to remake the "Big Bang"?

Good question and something I've given some thought to. I haven't figured out a good way to represent the big bang in a realistic way (especially since Universe Sandbox doesn't simulate relativity).

This might be helpful in understanding why the Big Bang is difficult to simulate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5W3CszeAI

Something that is fun to do (and helps to understand conceptually how all galaxies could be moving away from us) is to open up the system "Moons, Small Cluster" or even"Moons, Large Cluster" and then make gravity negative (so that everything repels each other).

You can make gravity negative by hitting the 6 key (although this key assignment may change in a future release) or by opening up the control panel and adding a negative in front of the value for gravity.

And is possible for dust to come together and make bodies?

No... Since dust is simulated as mass-less particles they don't attract each other. You can create many small bodies of a small size and with collision mode on "Combine Mode" they will come together to form larger bodies.

Try the Perpetual Motion activity under "Fun Thing to Do" to see this in action.

Lucas

• Physics addicted
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »
This might be helpful in understanding why the Big Bang is difficult to simulate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5W3CszeAI

???
OK, now, my head hurts.
so, it's impossible to simulate the Big-bang?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 10:24:16 PM »
I wouldn't say impossible... Just difficult to do in a realistic way. :)