Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: music tension?  (Read 4067 times)

shadycactus

music tension?
« on: December 26, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »
what does the tension setting under music parameters do? it doesn't seem to have any audible effect on the music, and i couldn't find anything on google

Pat Block

Re: music tension?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:55:58 AM »
I was also wondering about this.  Maybe you could find a univers sandbox 2 help and support forum where you can Ask?  And maybe get a helpful friendly response to your very reasonable query, preferably within a few weeks.  Then again, maybe not. 

-

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
Sorry for the delay in my response! We were less active during the holiday break, and we're just getting our gears turning again this week.

"Music tension" is for the dynamic soundtrack, so it can ramp up in intensity when there's more activity in the simulation. Not every track has this element, though, and it may be more noticeable during certain points in tracks than at other points.

A good track to use when testing manual tension is "Trackone" (we'll have better names in the future ;)). If the tension is at 0, the track is pretty calming, but if you crank it to 1, you'll hear the percussion really kick in, and it generally feels a lot more epic.  :)

Pat Block

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 04:49:44 AM »
That does sound interesting, what a clever idea. 8)  I'll have to have a little play around with it.

Thanks

-

shadycactus

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
thank u :)