Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Exporting of Information  (Read 3147 times)

Physics_Hacker

Exporting of Information
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:11:55 AM »
Okay, so I have this huge and very detailed system I made for a story, possible book or even series I'm writing,  and I hand-transferred all of the info for all the planets over to an OpenOffice Word Document. But, when I tried to save said document, it crashed and I lost the literal days of work I put into transferring all this data to a document. So, to prevent future mishaps like this and maybe make storymaker's lives a little easier, would it be possible to make a feature where it will export all the data into a plain .txt document so we can use it for other stuff?

Also on an unrelated note, will adding our own planetary textures EVER become a thing in this version? Ever since I got US^2 I've wanted to do that and its the one thing left that US1 is still superior in...Of course, we'd have to use our own bump maps along with the surface maps and clouds and specular and such because of the new engine being more sophisticated and realistic but there are programs out there that can give you those maps as an output...I miss being able to make my planets look like whatever I want them to..

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Exporting of Information
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
Aww man. That's terrible. I'm not sure if there's something worse than that, besides loosing everything.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »
Aww man. That's terrible. I'm not sure if there's something worse than that, besides loosing everything.

Eh, I guess it's fine, I'm working on descriptions now, which is a more immediately-needed thing, but being able to export the info straight from US^2 would make it a lot easier to recreate that same document..

storm027

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
Next time save from time to time, best advice I can offer

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
Aww that sounds awful.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 11:01:28 AM »
Any chance at all that this could be added, and/or a way to set the parameters of an object indirectly (aka creating a simulation through a text document that US2 can read as object parameters, sort of the way you make star systems in Space Engine except maybe a little easier to do)