Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When can we customize the color of Gas Giants?  (Read 4866 times)

JayPix2012

When can we customize the color of Gas Giants?
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »
The color option for Gas Giants isn't yet available. I wonder when can we be able to use it. So, when can we? Hopefully soon, yes?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:35:55 PM by JayPix2012 »

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
Re: When can we customize the color of Gas Giants?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »
The colors of gas giants are randomly generated so I don't think you could edit them. I think they are implementing this for the future

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
The colors of gas giants are randomly generated so I don't think you could edit them. I think they are implementing this for the future

Planet colors were randomly generated too, its just the gas giant colors aren't taken from a procedurally generated pallete, like planet were/are

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »
We hope to extend the color selection tools to all bodies in Universe Sandbox ², so you'll be able to customize colors for gas giants, stars, and textured planets like Earth and Mars.

JayPix2012

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »
We hope to extend the color selection tools to all bodies in Universe Sandbox ², so you'll be able to customize colors for gas giants, stars, and textured planets like Earth and Mars.

That's going amazing, I can't wait long enough. But I think I could try to. Also what about a "add city lights" option and and what they can look from your view in space. Like some light looks blue, red, green, yellow etc. Just wondering is all. Also will there be advanced texture options natural looking like Mars and/or Earth with color options too. Or were you quoting on that at the end of you post? In any case good job on what you guys our doing and good luck on amazing awesome future developments. Cheers to you guys. :)

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 11:05:42 AM »
When will we outright be able to customize the textures of the planets? Aka put our own textures/heightmaps to use? I remember looking through the roadmap and I didn't see that anywhere, so is it not going to be implemented at all or is it just not a huge and popularly requested feature to be put on said roadmap?

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »
When will we outright be able to customize the textures of the planets? Aka put our own textures/heightmaps to use? I remember looking through the roadmap and I didn't see that anywhere, so is it not going to be implemented at all or is it just not a huge and popularly requested feature to be put on said roadmap?
Same, it was a nice feature but I don't think its ready, yet.

JayPix2012

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 04:20:43 AM »
True

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 02:23:11 PM »

What isn't ready, the game? And if so, why not? Its not like they can't update it to take into account new feature that might change it.

Hyper_Schnitzel

• Physics is Phun!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 03:29:15 AM »
can't you already customise rocky planet colours? for example of Proxima Centauri

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 08:55:04 PM »
can't you already customise rocky planet colours? for example of Proxima Centauri

You can only customize ones with procedurally generated textures, planets like Earth and Mars can't be customized.