Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Utterly Infuriating Save-Load  (Read 3013 times)

Nomistrav

Utterly Infuriating Save-Load
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
Everytime I load a saved simulation it changes pretty much all the data on the celestial bodies. The star, the planets, and moons all are loaded with completely different sizes, temperatures, etc. The only fix for this is to go back and manually edit all the values myself and that causes a multitude of other catastrophic turn-outs, not to mention the sheer work involved in doing so (there are 9 planets and 30+ moons) is just utterly infuriating, to put it lightly.

To make matters even worse, when the simulation runs the planets like to completely destroy/cast their moons off into oblivion due to the changed values. Thus, the simulation runs poorly everytime.

Is there anyway to fix this..? Is this a bug?? What do I have to do to get the simulation to at least load with the same numbers that I input?

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
Re: Utterly Infuriating Save-Load
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:15 AM »
I have a similar problem with all of my planets starting off freezing cold and then slowly warming up, but I haven't encountered the changing mass problem, at least not yet.

Rljs64

Re: Utterly Infuriating Save-Load
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:37:26 AM »
Sorry to resurrect this, but I too have encountered this issue of OP.

I've been inputting very specific properties for various planets and star, but upon re-loading the system it's as though the figures have been rounded - they're not way out, but enough to be troublesome. Tried it a number of times now and it happens every time with same results.

Any feedback would be great.