Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Things to do in the game?  (Read 13125 times)

bradwiggo

Things to do in the game?
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:54:02 AM »
I am thinking about buying Universe Sandbox2, however, as I have a very limited budget to buy game with, I always make sure I will get a lot of gameplay out of a game before I buy it.

This is why I am wondering how much actual gameplay I will get out of Universe Sandbox2.

I own Universe Sandbox (1),  and I haven't played it much, as I always boot it up, crash three things into Earth, and then get bored and close the game. I run out of things to do.

I know Universe Sandbox2 has much more features than Universe Sandbox (1), which is why I am considering to buy it, but I don't know if I will actually play it.

Here is my main question:

Do you think I will have anything to do in Universe Sandbox2, and what do you do in the game normally when you boot it up?

tesco

• Sauce
Re: Things to do in the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:38:17 AM »
Depends on what sort of person you are.

It's hard to explain but for me i can't stop going back to it.

Usually i play it for about 1-3 hours then leave it for a few days then play again but
it has a sort of zing to it that is really hard to explain.

I have got 131 hours on it as of right now (Probably more because sometimes steam is in offline mode and i have a weird bug where it doesn't record that way).

It's all your choice and if you think you'll get bored of it quickly you might be right but I felt the same about US legacy. I got a bit bored of it rather quickly with only 13 hours on it but US^2 has a certain atmosphere that is a bit special i think. Easily one of the best games i have played, apart from Half life 2 and that's saying something

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:57:42 AM »
You can do what I do and make your own star systems. I'm recreating the Lylat System from the StarFox games and also working on a few original ideas.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
But it's all your choice in the end. Are u the sort of person who likes sandbox games

bradwiggo

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
But it's all your choice in the end. Are u the sort of person who likes sandbox games
I do enjoy Sandbox games as long as thee is a point to them and there is a semi-obvious goal.

One of my main concerns about this game is the fact that although it is a Sandbox game, there is no room for creativity, you can't actually create anything. You can make a solar system, but that isn't really the same kind of thing.

CDMJR

• Reality is an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 07:03:28 PM »
I don't view Universe Sandbox 2 as a game at all. It is a simulation experience. While I predominantly use it in VR, it is something that you go into with no goals or objectives. All you do is play around, experience and have fun.

If you want to play a game, try EVE Online, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky or wait for Star Citizen.

Universe Sandbox 2 is all about simulating different things and experiencing them. For me it US2 has been an incredible educational experience as I am a hugely visual learner. And although I've studied plenty about astronomy, physics, quantum mechanics and cosmology, seeing things play out in beautiful US2 VR is what keeps me coming back to it every day.

A_A_H_G

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:27 PM »
Well, in my case I have a really big plan, but this plan must wait for Alpha 21 when all type-stars will be in the game. I want to create a small galaxy with their supernovas, star clusters, nebulae (if they exist in the game), black holes, etc. I think this idea is really crazy and it takes time to do it, but as the first person told you "It depends of you". Because in this simulator you can do as your imagination and knowledge about astronomy can reach, so think about and choose. I hope I helped you.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »
Ye
boi

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »
Pretty much create star/planetary systems, see how they work and if you get frustrated, throw a sun into the mix and watch your creation come to an end.

In the future there will be more features so stay tuned.