Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Humans  (Read 4593 times)

Pizza

Humans
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:35:07 PM »
Hey devs, congrats on Alpha 19   :P

I've been thinking about the possibility of adding humans into the game, nothing big, just small AI ships that can fly around the solar system(s) that can be made, possibly space stations that orbit planets/stars which ships can go in.

Also, I've been seeing city lights on some randomly generated planets sometimes, I'm guessing this is a glitch, but can you guys make this something that I can add to my planet if it can support life?

It's just a nice little touch that would be nice to add, I know it isn't really that educational but it's fun.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Humans
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »
This is a gravity/physics simulator.
Not spore.
 :P

Pizza

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
this is universe sandbox, there's life in the universe

there's also satellites in the game.

Niel amstronge xd

• Black Holes are fun!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 02:28:01 AM »
Not spore.
US2 is universe simulator , earth is in the universe so humans exist too ... It would be cool if they add humans/life simulation

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
Pizza u tasty boi

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »
Humans = , heavy amounts of ai, occupation number for ships/stations, deaths in extreme conditions,
Ships = autopilot ai, destruction physics, ship flight physics, fuel consumption tracker, , ability to change velocity easily, delta-v physics, docking and rendezvous physics,
Stations = procedural station generator or system for building said station (both requiring sets of premade parts the engine or a person can put together, docking system, ability to change velocity easily, medium amount of ai implementation, destruction physics

^ that will all be needed for this to work right. And if the devs implement that, then people are going to ask for this stuff too to make that aspect of US2 more complete:

procedural human 3d model generation, necessity lists for ships, human necessity trackers, ship/station insides visuals, changing numbers as people are born and die, better destruction visuals...

Do you see where I'm going with this? If they just do whatever we all want all them time every time someone asks, we're gonna end up killing them of exhaustion or the updates will just take even longer because the bug lists will be longer and more intertwined and harder to weed out the problem, meaning each bug will take longer to fix, plus every flood of new feature requests has to be taken into account, and this sort of thing already happens (thats why alpha 19 took so long to be finished but also had so many preview versions) but if we veer off what US2 already is enough that problem will just get tens of times worse. The devs are going in the direction of adding simple life simulation but I seriously doubt they'll add intelligent ai/human aspects or if they do it won't be much and will be only polished enough to not have serious bugs, not polished enough to be considered another whole feature branch.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »
If the devs add that then the game doesn't deserve to be £19.99 it should be more like £29.99 or even £39.99 when it is out of beta

Niel amstronge xd

• Black Holes are fun!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 07:36:03 AM »
 I bought us2 right before summer sale on steam ;(

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
Not spore.
US2 is universe simulator , earth is in the universe so humans exist too ... It would be cool if they add humans/life simulation

The purpose of the sim is to simulate gravity physics, and giving us the ability to fiddle with them, and objects in the sim.

Adding humans is a dumb idea, like adding multiplayer in the sim.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »
yeah
Not spore.

The purpose of the sim is to simulate gravity physics, and giving us the ability to fiddle with them, and objects in the sim.

Adding humans is a dumb idea, like adding multiplayer in the sim.
yes b0ss

Trini_Gamer

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 12:01:57 PM »
we don't exactly need any advanced AI, just cool little cosmetics without major physics would be interesting fun