Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thinking about buying the game - Would love some help!  (Read 4158 times)

aeryn

Thinking about buying the game - Would love some help!
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
Hello! I'm a writer and I'm thinking about buying the game so I could have a simulator for an universe I created. I would like to know if its possible to use it for that purpose.

For example: I created a planet with three moons and I would like to see a simulation of how those 3 moons would move, know how often there would be eclipses, see moon cycles/phases, and so on.
Can I use Universe Sandbox for that? Or is there another software that would be better? I would also like to know durations of days, etcs.

Physics_Hacker

Re: Thinking about buying the game - Would love some help!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »
Hello! I'm a writer and I'm thinking about buying the game so I could have a simulator for an universe I created. I would like to know if its possible to use it for that purpose.

For example: I created a planet with three moons and I would like to see a simulation of how those 3 moons would move, know how often there would be eclipses, see moon cycles/phases, and so on.
Can I use Universe Sandbox for that? Or is there another software that would be better? I would also like to know durations of days, etcs.

Universe Sandbox is just about perfect for that sort of thing so long as you don't try to make 200 star systems and try to run the simulation fast enough to see changes, as it will be too laggy for that, but for one or two star systems, you can easily use US for this, though you'll have to be the one to decide things like orbital distance, rotational period, and planet tilt axis.

aeryn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:06:43 AM »
Really?! That's so good to hear, thank you so much! :)

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:21 AM »
Really?! That's so good to hear, thank you so much! :)

No problem at all  :D