Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Feature - Range of gravity "balance"  (Read 2843 times)

Fillantroop

Feature - Range of gravity "balance"
« on: October 21, 2016, 03:52:11 AM »
Let's say I have two objects and I would like to place them in the distance, where they "hold" each other, but not draw each other.  In other words, I'd like to see the minimum distance where they don't collide.

Example is placing a star next to a black hole. I'd like to see the minimum distance where to place the star so it will not be "dragged" into a black hole. Something like this would be nice (once they implement relevant physics):

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Feature - Range of gravity "balance"
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
I believe that your taking about a binary orbit.
That is in the simulator all ready.
Just go to add a body, and in the bottom left of your screen, should be the option to add a body in an orbit, binary orbit, or in free fall.

Fillantroop

Re: Feature - Range of gravity "balance"
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
Hello.. .thanks for the reply, but I am not sure that I  understand it correctly. I just tried - result attached. I just want to find nearest distance of two objects when they are not trying to swallow each other or to shoot one to outer space...

I just tried what you have advised and this is result... Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I see I had the "Orbit" selected, but Binary orbit behaves exactly same. Why isn't there something like red - yellow - green circle showing when placing object?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:40:30 PM by Fillantroop »