Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pulsars in this game  (Read 5896 times)

MD2903

Pulsars in this game
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:20:18 AM »
I have some questions about pulsars in this game.

If you want to make a pulsar from a white dwarf, you can click on "make pulsar" or just add a magnetic field.
But for neutron stars (in this simulator they're called pulsar stars) there is no "make pulsar" button.
When I add an magnetic field to a neutron/pulsar star it doesn't show the two beams coming out of a pulsar, why is this?

Also, the beams coming out of a pulsar in this simulator simulate the electromagnetic beams of real pulsars.
I believe those beams are invisible in real life, but that would be boring in a simulator.
But what is the blueish disk around a pulsar in this game, I tried to search it on internet but couldn't find any info on that.

If someone could give some information on these questions, please reply.  :D

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
Re: Pulsars in this game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:48:51 PM »
I've been wondering about the lack of a "make pulsar" button on neutron stars myself. Bug, maybe?

storm027

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:00:10 AM »
I'm not sure if white dwarfs can even be pulsars under normal conditions

Only2ndplace

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »
Have you also set the rotation rate to milliseconds? Because strong magnetic fields are not the only thing you need to make a pulsar  ;)
Wasn't there also a tutorial for this?
Aside from that, those beams would acctually also be visible from the side, since they also consist of hot plasma. Of course if you look directly in the direction of the jet, it's much brighter, like it is shown ingame.