Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Option to use Imperial system?  (Read 3138 times)

fanoffreedom

Option to use Imperial system?
« on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:05 AM »
I understand the greater scientific community uses the metric system along with Celsius units, but for the casual user in the US it would be ideal to have the option to change the system of units within the game to systems of measurement I am more familiar with.  While for some it doesn't matter and for others they enjoy the current configuration, but I would like to create sims using the imperial system along with fahrenheit units.  These are the elements I was taught in the US and I am not a scientist; just a guy interested in maximizing his experience in-game without the handicap of having been educated a different way than many others.

Thanks for your consideration.

Physics_Hacker

Re: Option to use Imperial system?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
I understand the greater scientific community uses the metric system along with Celsius units, but for the casual user in the US it would be ideal to have the option to change the system of units within the game to systems of measurement I am more familiar with.  While for some it doesn't matter and for others they enjoy the current configuration, but I would like to create sims using the imperial system along with fahrenheit units.  These are the elements I was taught in the US and I am not a scientist; just a guy interested in maximizing his experience in-game without the handicap of having been educated a different way than many others.

Thanks for your consideration.

I'm from the US and learned the Customary system, but I'm actually starting to get the hang of the metric system because of Universe Sandbox..Honestly I think it's better for people to get some experience using it, mostly in case they ever have to, even if they're not going to be a scientist, but I do agree that it might be easier to have both.