Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Can't see habitable zone  (Read 4645 times)

Johan_va

Can't see habitable zone
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
When i create a new simulation, i add a star and then click in view-show habitable zones, but the habitable zone of that star doesn't appear   >:( when i do that on the sun, i can see the habitable zone, but not in other stars

ziEpEtajs

Re: Can't see habitable zone
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »
Amm... on which stars you didn't see habitable zone? On super giant stars there is no habitable zone, because they are too hot - you have to lover its temperature. On few stars which are too hot, by slowly scrolling away from it you can see only the red part of habitalbe zone, scrolling even further it just vanish. If that happens I know that my star is damm too hot. Sooo... yeah try to lower your stars temperature  ;D
p.s. sorry for my mistakes in english... still learning

Johan_va

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
My star is Rigel, and i have a planet 600 AU away from it that has a lifelikelyhood of 9.8 but i think that the red zone is too big that it can't be showed, thanks

And i'm learning english too.

ziEpEtajs

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:52 AM »
Well I did little research, and I found that you can see habitalbe zone if temperature is between 2601 and 7199/7200 K  ;D

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
Do blue giants have habitable zones? I created several planets with very high chances of life and Earth-like temperatures around Spica.