Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pre rendering, heat radiation and impact effect suggestions  (Read 1982 times)

Cythraul

Would it be possible to have your computer simulate complex events involving massive numbers of particles, or extreme detail, so that your computer is not limited by its ability to do certain things real time?

Also a couple things that bother me, and are likely on the to do list, but just in case I feel like I should mention them, no bodies besides stars radiate any heat whatsoever. I can place the moon next to the earth, and heat the earth up to plasma, and it doesn't raise the temperature of the moon a single degree. Also, while I realize this isn't intended to just be an impact simulator, it would be really cool to get different realistic effects of impacts on the earth based on the velocity, size and so forth of the projectile, for example dust blocking out the sun and causing the temperature to drop, triggering a firestorm that scotches the planet bare, high velocity objects converting the local area into plasma etc.

Finally, I noticed with the last beta heating planets up to thousands of degrees finally destroys them. But it can be a bit anticlimactic, for some reason I've seen them explode at times, but usually they just emit particles and rapidly shrink down to nothing, if triggered by an impact they will often disappear before actually starting to glow brightly. Perhaps if an impact has enough energy it should trigger a bright flash and a scaled down supernova type effect? Preferably scorching nearby objects of course :P

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
Re: Pre rendering, heat radiation and impact effect suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
Your first two suggestions are both something we have considered and are certainly aware of. When exactly we get along to implementing it, that only time can tell.

As to your last point, we have been working a lot of roche fragmentation and volatile loss in preparation for alpha 19, so this may be more to your liking when we release the next update.