Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Utilization of CPU Cores and RAM?  (Read 9831 times)

tskunka

Utilization of CPU Cores and RAM?
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »
Ok, After seeing great performance under Ubuntu/Steam on a very old HP workstation with a single Xeon quad-core processor, 16gb RAM plus a video card and SSD I pulled out of my junk drawer...plus a

I'm wondering what (and yes I'm serious) what performance I might get under Ubuntu/Steam with 4 (four) 6-core Xeon processors and 64gb of memory. People forget there are different types of games. While the SteamMachine that I'm pondering would not be good for a FPS...it may completely rock the Universe if it can take full advantage of those cores and memory. This could be interesting. What say you? I like to get the thoughts of the far more experienced before I buy hardware. Even the modest $600 that would have this beast in my possession is a significant investment these days.

Yours - thomas

Toasty

Re: Utilization of CPU Cores and RAM?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:54:25 PM »
Ok, After seeing great performance under Ubuntu/Steam on a very old HP workstation with a single Xeon quad-core processor, 16gb RAM plus a video card and SSD I pulled out of my junk drawer...plus a

I'm wondering what (and yes I'm serious) what performance I might get this KW Finder under Ubuntu/Steam with 4 (four) 6-core Xeon processors and 64gb of memory.

Hi Thomas, I saw your post a while ago, did you give this a try? If so how is it going?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:32:09 AM by Toasty »