Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Increasing Label Font Size For Retina and 4K Screens  (Read 5844 times)

Alex_Ian_Hamilton

Increasing Label Font Size For Retina and 4K Screens
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »
I'm having minor a minor issue using US2, simply the label font is too small on high-res displays.
It there any workaround?

I know it seems like a minor issue, but with 4K becoming the standard TV resolution and laptops and tablets going "retina" for years it's starting to become an encumbrance (I have 4 machines all with high-dpi screens) and has been pointed out by my family and scout troop when I was showing off US2 to them.

I guess there is, or should be, a long term road-map that includes high-dpi settings, but failing that a very simple label-font-size options would make US2 me much easier to wow people with.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Increasing Label Font Size For Retina and 4K Screens
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »
Sorry, there is no solution for this right now. The good news is that we've been rewriting the user interface so that scaling up for higher solutions will be possible.

We hope to have this ready for Alpha 20, which should be released in the next few months.

Alex_Ian_Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:48:49 PM »
That's great news... I look forward to it... Keep up the good work. :)

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
Sorry, there is no solution for this right now. The good news is that we've been rewriting the user interface so that scaling up for higher solutions will be possible.

We hope to have this ready for Alpha 20, which should be released in the next few months.
Any news about alpha 19?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
We're still working on Alpha 19, but you can try out a preview version, as someone pointed out in another thread. More info and instructions here: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2016/04/alpha-19-preview/

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »
 ;D
Awesome.
I wish i Could play it. But i don't have a gaming computer, nor the money to buy the game. :'(