0 (0%)
Yes except for nukes
4 (28.6%)
No except for nukes
0 (0%)
Maybe
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Different materials, Impacts and more  (Read 4183 times)

tesco

• Sauce
Different materials, Impacts and more
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »
I like the material setup and all but I have some suggestions.

Stars over a certain amount of time slowly turn their hydrogen into deuterium then tritium and helium etc. So you can see over a certain amount of time how the stars composition changes ~ Just like real life

Also i think maybe instead of a slider, you can have a dropdown menu of different materials eg nickel and uranium. Once you choose a material, you can have a slider than comes after it. Another thing is that you could have a little plus next to it to add other dropdown menus. I think this'll make a better addition to the already awesome material menu.

Also I think another thing that'll be better is more realistic asteroid impacts. The chicxulub asteroid was only 10km in diameter and yet it almost wiped out life on the planet. But in US2 if you smash a 10km asteroid, it won't do ****. I think that maybe if the impacts are a little revised and made more realistic it'll be cool.

Another thing is regional lights. This goes with the impact thing above. Lets say you smash a 1km asteroid into a planet. Shouldn't lights suddenly turn off in the surrounding area? In US2 all the lights turn off and it's a little unrealistic. I don't like this that much.

Also gamma ray bursts sound like a cool addition to us2. Like maybe a quasar or something has a gamma ray burst and it hits a planet. It would look cool if you could see the atmosphere maybe burn off or something like that.

Also maybe you could add Nuclear Bombs just to see how it effects the atmosphere and kills off planets. Because the tsar bomba blew a hole in the atmosphere where it was dropped and that'd look cool on US2 if we could have that. You could also see how hundreds of nuclear bombs can destroy a planet or redirect an asteroids crashcourse. That kind of thing

I don't know. It's what the community chooses anyway
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:51:04 AM by tesco »

tesco

• Sauce
Re: Different materials, Impacts and more
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:27:40 PM »
Most people wouldn't agree with the nuclear bomb idea but I only want it to see how many Nuclear bombs would render a planet unhabitable

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:06:52 PM »
I like the material setup and all but I have some suggestions.

Stars over a certain amount of time slowly turn their hydrogen into deuterium then tritium and helium etc. So you can see over a certain amount of time how the stars composition changes ~ Just like real life

Also i think maybe instead of a slider, you can have a dropdown menu of different materials eg nickel and uranium. Once you choose a material, you can have a slider than comes after it. Another thing is that you could have a little plus next to it to add other dropdown menus. I think this'll make a better addition to the already awesome material menu.

Also I think another thing that'll be better is more realistic asteroid impacts. The chicxulub asteroid was only 10km in diameter and yet it almost wiped out life on the planet. But in US2 if you smash a 10km asteroid, it won't do ****. I think that maybe if the impacts are a little revised and made more realistic it'll be cool.

Another thing is regional lights. This goes with the impact thing above. Lets say you smash a 1km asteroid into a planet. Shouldn't lights suddenly turn off in the surrounding area? In US2 all the lights turn off and it's a little unrealistic. I don't like this that much.

Also gamma ray bursts sound like a cool addition to us2. Like maybe a quasar or something has a gamma ray burst and it hits a planet. It would look cool if you could see the atmosphere maybe burn off or something like that.

Also maybe you could add Nuclear Bombs just to see how it effects the atmosphere and kills off planets. Because the tsar bomba blew a hole in the atmosphere where it was dropped and that'd look cool on US2 if we could have that. You could also see how hundreds of nuclear bombs can destroy a planet or redirect an asteroids crashcourse. That kind of thing

I don't know. It's what the community chooses anyway

GRB's would be really difficult to simulate and do you really want to spend the years and years time needed to align the axis of the event causing the GRB to an object, just to see how it effects it? Because the only way it's not going to at least take you days is if it's so close to the burst that is practically pointless-it would vaporize anything that close to it (except a black hole of course, but that would only cause more lag considering that a black hole would act like a lens)

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:24 AM »
Stars don't wait until their hydrogen to become deuterium before converting it into helium, deuterium and tritium are just steps in the process of creating helium.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
I guess GRB's were a bit of an optimistic step

Also I know stars don't wait. That's what i meant

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 04:25:21 AM »
But nukes are something that could happen. Maybe watch as the earth slowly dies