Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox 2 won't load (no crash)  (Read 17340 times)

wcwyes

Universe Sandbox 2 won't load (no crash)
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:54:33 AM »
I just purchased Universe Sandbox 2 and it will stay on the loading screen for 2 days, no crash just doesn't load(so there's no crash log). Any ideas? I'm running xp pro sp3 with 3gb of ram and 2gb of on board vram. I have directx 9.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Universe Sandbox 2 won't load (no crash)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »
Sorry for the issue. First, please try running through the basic troubleshooting for Windows: http://universesandbox.com/support/basic

If you're still having trouble starting up then we'll need to see your log (this should exist even if there wasn't a crash file created). Instructions for sending them in are here: http://universesandbox.com/support/emaillog

wcwyes

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
Went through everything and still didn't work,  as I was going through the debug log and checking the system readout was to system requirements I realized my processor is a single core. I have a celery e1500 on the way.

wcwyes

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
Tried all of the basic "again" still didn't help ended up with 3.2g pentium d wI'll be sending email shortly. Thanks for your  assistance.

wcwyes

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »
The location of output_log.txt is in universe sandbox_data not universe sandbox x64_data

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
Thanks, I received your log.

1 - Is there still no crash log? It would be located in a folder named with the date the crash occurred, like here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Universe Sandbox 2\

2 - Can you try disabling the Steam Overlay? Instructions here: http://universesandbox.com/support/disableoverlay

wcwyes

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »
There's no crash files the game never finishes starting up. Steam overlay is disabled. I'm going to try letting it boot through the night.

wcwyes

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 07:58:12 PM »
Running from last message until now no crash no crash file, but still doesn't load either.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. If it's hanging for more than a few seconds it'll likely never load. The log file shows an error with Steam.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other troubleshooting steps to take at this time. I've passed your log onto the team and I'll let you know once we have any additional information.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »
Would you mind trying out the Alpha 19 preview?
  • Right-click on the game title in your Steam Library
  • Click on ‘Properties’
  • Select the ‘Betas’ tab
  • Set the dropdown menu to ‘alpha19preview‘
  • Close the Properties window
  • Steam will now update Universe Sandbox ² to the preview version
  • Once updated, launch Universe Sandbox ²

We may have fixed the issue with this update, but if not, then it's possible the issue will be fixed when we update our backend Steam integration. Unfortunately we won't be able to do that until after our next Alpha release.

Let me know if the Alpha 19 preview works for you.

wcwyes

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 04:56:43 PM »
Alpha 19 preview didn't work. I also tried the alpha 19 preview 4, both of which had the same results as before.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »
Sorry it's still not working. We were able to update our Steam integration tech, so this should be in the next update. Please try it again once we've released Alpha 19. Thanks for your patience.

wcwyes

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »
Is there a way that I can get US2 outside of steam? My intention was to buy buy it without using steam, but surprise that only got me a steam code. So if there is any way, please tell me, I'm not really a fan of steam and the like for the reasons that I've encountered. But I do want this game.

wcwyes

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 08:44:14 PM »
Well I loaded Windows Vista SP2 and it doesn't seem to help, sometimes it gets stuck on a black screen so it might legitimately be crashing now. Going to let it run over night. If this doesn't work I think I'll probably want my money back.

wcwyes

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
Test failed. Any thoughts on the black screen I reach? Would you like my new crash files.

wcwyes

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
I went ahead and sent you my output log let me know if what I'm experiencing is as different as it looks.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »
Thanks for sending in a new log. Unfortunately it's giving the same error as before.

I've tried to find more information on this issue. We've updated our Steam integration for our upcoming update, which we hope to release soon. Until then, you can try the following:

1 - Ensure there is no interference from anti-virus software. If your anti-virus has a "Game Mode" please try enabling it.

2 - Refresh your Steam files: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638&l=english

Let me know if either of those work.

wcwyes

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 05:35:38 PM »
I tried all of that and it made no difference. I appreciate your help and patience with me. But I have to say due to the fact that this is supposed to be for a project I've been working on it's time for me to move on to an alternative. I've met or exceeded all of the system requirements and due to the lack of webpage updates and preparation for steam I feel the integrity of this company has been less than I had hoped it to be. You however appear to be honest so I am going to ask for my money back.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »
Sorry that we could not fix the issue. It's a very rare problem, one that I have not seen reported anytime recently, and it is clearly hard to track down and fix.

We definitely understand wanting a refund. I will send you a private message for details so we can move forward with a refund.

I don't understand what you mean by lack of website updates though. Is there confusing information somewhere? We certainly don't intend to mislead.

Gann123

• Hello Peeps What are you doing?
    • Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
I't loaded and I did stuff for quite a while and then suddenly it froze and nothing happened. Everything was still on the screen and the music was still playing and but I couldn't do anything. I waited for an hour and it was still frozen. It didn't even say it couldn't respond. :'(